Twitter Research

Twitter Research Blow-by-blow (September/October 2020)

This project was a rewrite of a php app that I did quickly (and dirtily) for my Daughter-in-law, Melody, so that she could get Twitter data for her master’s thesis. During the rewrite, I was not employed in a full-time capacity, so I decided to take as much time as I needed and begin with some Pluralsight training on a few of the technologies I planned to use.

Once I went through the training I thought I needed, I began work on the project. The whole thing was fun. It’s nice to do a smallish project and use all of the things you want to use and do it as well as you can. I’m sure there are things that could be improved. There always are, but I attempted to follow best practices.

I will to continue working on this project by adding help for handling the data and use something other than jQuery and out-of-the-box Django server pages for the UI. Everyone seems to be using React these days. Most of my experience is with AngularJS, so I think I’ll use React for that.

Apologies in advance for all of the trips into the weeds!

Now, let’s get to the daily blow-by-blow!

Links to Final in Github and the Project Site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Privacy Settings
We use cookies to enhance your experience while using our website. If you are using our Services via a browser you can restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings. We also use content and scripts from third parties that may use tracking technologies. You can selectively provide your consent below to allow such third party embeds. For complete information about the cookies we use, data we collect and how we process them, please check our Privacy Policy
Consent to display content from Youtube
Consent to display content from Vimeo
Google Maps
Consent to display content from Google
Consent to display content from Spotify
Sound Cloud
Consent to display content from Sound